If you’re thinking of hiring a Wedding Coordinator for your London or East of England wedding, including Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge or Essex, you’re in the right place!
We’ve talked a lot on the One Curious Dream blog about our wedding planning services and how we can help you plan and design the wedding from your wildest dreams! But, today, we want to look at the role of a Wedding Coordinator/Wedding Co-ordinator and how they can help you relax and enjoy every moment of your wedding!
First of all, if you haven’t come across this wedding planning service before, pop over to our Wedding Coordination page and take a quick look at our overview. In a nutshell, your Wedding Coordinator will work with you in the last few weeks before your wedding to help you bring the plans you have already made together before arriving on site bright and early to coordinate your Norfolk or Suffolk wedding.
Our wedding coordination service is perfect for couples who have hired a dry-hire venue that doesn’t have an in-house wedding venue coordinator. In essence, a wedding coordinator replaces the role of a wedding venue coordinator and is on hand to ensure that your day is professionally produced. So, what kind of jobs will a wedding coordinator do? Here’s a speedy, yet not an exhaustive list!
- Your wedding coordinator will take overall responsibility for ensuring your wedding runs to plan. They’ll liaise with your wedding venue and wedding supplier team both in the build-up and on the day itself where they’ll ensure the suppliers know where to set up and have everything they need/ The wedding coordinator is also the main point of contact in case your wedding suppliers need any information or assistance.
- Your wedding coordinator will also be a point of contact for you and your guests. So, if you need those flat shoes from your hotel room, we’re the people to grab those for you – essentially, we’ll take care of any job that means you can relax and have a great day. Your wedding coordinator is also on hand to help your wedding guests with any questions they have.
- Finalise styling – your wedding coordinator is the person who will put the finishing touches to your wedding styling plans. So, if an outdoor living room needs setting up, this would be taken care of by your wedding coordinator. Similarly, we’ll light the candles, move signage etc, anything really that you shouldn’t be thinking about on your wedding day!
- All the little jobs – from popping out your lawn games and ensuring the cake knife is in position through to topping up your sweetie station, anything and everything that needs doing, your wedding coordinator is on hand to cover these tasks.
- The main thing is that we’ll give you the confidence to relax and enjoy your big day without worrying about what’s happening behind the scenes.
The important thing to consider is that a wedding coordinator is an experienced, professional wedding planner who will be used to thinking on their feet and dealing with issues as they occur. This leaves you and your loved ones to relax and enjoy every single moment with your nearest and dearest – priceless!
One point to note – your wedding coordinator does not assume the role of any of your other wedding suppliers. For example, they won’t serve food (you should have waiting staff to cover this) or drinks (there should be a bar team in place to cover these) or similarly, they won’t take over the decks, again, because they aren’t there to replace your DJ. If you have a list of jobs in mind, check with your wedding coordinator who will be able to help. Having said that, your wedding coordinator is a dab hand at preventing issues so will always roll up their sleeves and help where it’s needed!
If you’d like to chat with our wedding planners about our wedding day management / wedding coordination services, we’d love to hear from you! You can reach us on 0800 772 0765 or firstname.lastname@example.org or you can book a free wedding consultation here.